Full time Remote
Our client is looking for experienced Android Developer eager to understand the root of the problem they’re working on and to find solid, long-term solutions,to join their team.
The position directly involves design, architecture and development of proprietary PDF SDK for Android using technologies like Java, Kotlin, RxJava, and the Android NDK.
This is a remote position for someone located 6 hours +/- of the UTC timezone.
- Take responsibility for delivering new features and bug fixes from the design phase to launch as part of a small, driven team.
- Work on all layers of products: internal API, customer-facing API and end-user facing UI, as well as documentation and marketing content.
- Make architectural choices that will affect hundreds of apps and millions of users.
- Write readable and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases confidently and often.
- Support customers in integrating client’s products, help them debug and fix issues, and collaborate with them to understand their requirements for our products.
- Manage your work by setting your own goals, prioritizing and executing them, and taking ownership of tasks and projects.
- Collaborate with the entire company (Mobile, Web, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, QA, and Sales) using Slack, Basecamp, GitHub, and Zoom.
- Be familiar with the Android development tools (Android Studio, Gradle, NDK, Docker), Android framework and the ecosystem of third-party libraries (some of the libraries we use are AndroidX, Jetpack Compose, RxJava, Robolectric, Material components, and the Kotlin standard lib).
- Orient your work around the larger context of the business goals and the product’s customer.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working with a passionate team, while understanding the challenges of working on a distributed team.
- Work independently and have a high sense of responsibility.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation, communication with customers and occasional blog posts.
Please note that you can be a perfect fit even if not everything we’ve outlined above applies to you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- A remote-first focus that allows you to set up working hours that best fit your daily routine.
- A family-friendly work environment.
- Room for personal and professional development through the encouragement of learning and experimenting.
- The time to help you improve upon your personal goals (through regular 1on1s and mentoring).
- Post-COVID, two planned company events during the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
- Working with a motivated team that enables you to do your best.
- A generous vacation policy of five weeks, plus an additional allowance for conferences.
- A comprehensive onboarding process to get you up to speed.