Full time Belgrade
Our client, the world leader in the area of prevention of frauds within phone industry, is looking for a Database Administrator. You will be a part of the Networking team that plays a key role in designing, building and maintaining the infrastructure which supports these services. They are planing to launch a new and exciting products in the year ahead.
- Provide database administration for production Microsoft SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL DBs.
- Support activities include DB installation, deployment, maintenance, performance tuning and optimization (SQL query, stored procedures & DB engine), troubleshooting/resolving DB problems, DB backups/restores and insuring DB monitoring is in place to proactively alert Network Operations to issues.
- Provide consultative support to the Development, Business Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering organizations to insure database & table designs, indices, database access, are error free and optimal from a performance perspective.
- Work closely with key staff to design/build a data warehouse from existing data sources. The data warehouse will support effective business operations through decision support, trending and reporting on key corporate performance indicators.
- In conjunction with other senior technical staff, act as DB expert to deliver highly available, reliable DB platforms to support the business.
- Provide consultative support for those less knowledgeable of DBs and their capabilities.
- 3 -5 years’ experience including MS SQL (2008, 2012 and/or 2014) and MySQL.
- Experience in resolving DB problems, including working with DB providers, DB performance issues, use of native monitoring tools.
- MCITP is a plus but not required.
- Use of Profiler and performance tuning of stored procedures.
- Experience in DB backup and recovery.
- Experience in setting up DB replication across multiple geographies for MS SQL.
- Understanding of indexes, index management and statistics.