Full time Belgrade, Serbia
Seven Bridges is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Their team and their product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
As a member of our Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to extend our platform, build innovative tools and products, and be involved in designing new and custom solutions. You will work on a subset of our 80+ production services and tools and be involved with their design, implementation, as well as integration.
- Developing and maintaining tools which are used to access the Seven Bridges platform.
- Creating user space file systems for accessing the Platform data as local files.
- Integrating the Seven Bridges Platform with customers’ current infrastructure.
- Optimizing data uploads and downloads.
Some of the libraries and technologies they use: FUSE, gRPC, Cobra, Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, JDBI, Postgres. Experience with some or all of these technologies is a big plus, but not a requirement.
- Have 2+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Be proficient in at least one major programming language, preferably Go or Java.
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices.
- Know how to work with at least one modern build system.
- Have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly strive to learn.
We will also appreciate:
- Exposure to application and system programming on one major *NIX platform (Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, etc.)
- Strong CS background
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Fluent in more than one programming language and/or paradigm.
Please submit your application in English. Click apply and create an account if you don’t have one. Answering as many questions as you can on your profile page will help us shorten the selection process. We look forward to meeting you!