Full time Remote
We are a passionate team with huge ambition. We’re scaling up and want you to join us to ensure the technology can keep pace with the rapidly developing business opportunities. We are seeking a highly-skilled VP of Engineering / Head of Development / CTO with a storied history in the technological sector to join a B2B2X FinTech startup in London. The Head of Development will be tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in technological development.
We are looking for you!
You will report to the CEO and be a key member of the executive leadership team. You’re an experienced engineering leader with experience in accounting, fintech or payments. You’ve been a key contributor to fast growth in a tech business. You think beyond the stack, with a focus on customer problems and experiences. You will be used to connecting your work and that of your team with a customer focussed outcomes and metrics. You will also be an ambassador for our business to the tech community and wider stakeholders.
- Create a technology plan and engineering culture aligned with customer needs and business goals
- Set a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensure that the technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Connect the engineering plan and team output to our planned timelines and key business metrics
- Create timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services
- Plan scalable architecture to support quality product experiences, fast growth and revenue
- Be responsible for information security as a critical component of our technology, given we operate in the regulated payments industry
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory and security standards where applicable (e.g. PCI DSS)
- Make executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements.
- Maintain a customer-focused outlook and aid in the delivering of IT projects to market.
- Manage technology budgets and time frames.
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments.
- Lead SysOps and DevOps and having oversight of QA
- Lead and build a high-performing team
- Manage a team of senior engineers and be responsible for attracting, interviewing and hiring the best engineers, co-located and remote as we grow
- Experience in engineering leadership with an entrepreneurial soul
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience.
- Technical degree preferred if one is provided.
- 5 years of experience leading development teams
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology (JavaJS/Node.js preferably).
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Ideally worked with Open Banking or payments partner integrations
- Experience building, inspiring and motivating a dedicated and high-performing team
- Experience in building highly scalable systems with a proven record
- Experience in building distributed systems is considered as plus
- You understand how to attract, interview, test and win the best technology talent both co-located and remote
- Held senior-level leadership positions owning technology planning and delivery for a business or division and information security
Nice to have Qualifications (not Required):
You may have:
- Product management experience in the FinTech space and be interested to head up both the engineering and product teams as a CTO.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a highly driven and passionate team building the next big BaaS and PaaS FInTech provider
- An attractive share package with real upside potential
- An opportunity to be a critical contributor to the company’s commercial success
- You will join a passionate team with a high-performance but the friendly culture of open communication, collaboration and diversity
- You will have the chance to influence all aspects of how we deliver our products and services from customer operations to design.
- You will shape the technology roadmap and culture for our company for years to come
- You will lead the build-out and scaling of our enterprise systems and products
- The possibility to create a truly meaningful fintech product
- Startup feeling with a well-established employer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Work remotely or in a hybrid setup between a company and home office
- 33 days holiday per year incl. public/Bank holidays