The US-based service provider that is planning on using OpenStack to build out its own private cloud compute infrastructure. Currently, we provide virtual servers for clients using VMWare. What we are trying to do with OpenStack is create a full self-help platform that does everything from virtual servers, VDIs with GPUs (using LeoStream) to cloud image-based backups. Users will be able to self-provision and self-augment computing resources using many of the user-friendly OpenStack front end GUI.
Advise engineering team on the design, buildout and deployment of an OpenStack computing platform to provide customers with VMs and VDIs using our Supermicro SuperBlade Series (i.e. SBE-610J-422) servers.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in architecture, systems integration and Cloud platform based on OpenStack and Kubernetes.
- Understand the feature design solution created by other solution architects and drive its development.
- Should be able to drive end-to-end design solution that includes the creation of JIRA epics and user stories.
- Closely work with the development teams starting with the feature grooming activity.
- Works with cross-functional teams including delivery and operation to define requirements and solutions Required Skills
- Should familiar with Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF).
- Good understanding of Airship, Kubernetes, Openstack Helm, Openstack, Telecommunication Network Cloud.
- Hands-on experience with RESTful, JSON services, JAVA and Python.
- Good understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols
- Technical understanding of complex distributed systems
- Block and file subsystem experience within the Linux kernel
- Experience with storage performance analysis tools including fio, blktrace, perf, etc
- Delivery of scale-out service solutions
- Experience with private, edge, and/or telco cloud technologies (e.g. OpenStack, StarlingX, Airship, VMWare, HyperV, etc)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, LXD, Kubernetes, DC/OS etc)
- Exposure to DevOps/system administration
- Experience working on a distributed team on an open-source project — even if that is outside work open source contributions.
- Demonstrated track record of Open Source contributions