R / Python Software Developer
Remote Full time
Our client is building a supply chain service software. We are looking for candidates experienced with R to join the team for an opportunity to step in and make a revolutionary product in the industry.
Working across food and beverage, footwear and apparel industries, we anticipate 100% YOY growth in 2020. We’re looking for engineers with a minimum 2 years of experience working in R and who feel confident in their ability to understand thousands of lines of complex R code within the first 4-6 weeks (with support from our developers on the business context). The role will:
- Work on improving performance through generalization and optimization of existing logic.
- Collaborate with founders on the building, testing and deployment of key feature enhancements to existing applications.
- Collaborate with the founders on designing and building a new suite of applications.
- Plan and execute strategy to transition R code base to Python.
- Learn how different industries plan supply, demand, deployment and how machine-learning is used to revolutionize supply chain planning in these industries.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with proficiency in R
- Experience in Databases (MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Familiarity with data and code integrity including basic understanding of version control using Git.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
- Creative problem solving
Nice to have Qualifications (not Required):
- Proficiency in Python
- Familiarity with other compiled and scripting languages (Java, C++, PHP, etc.).
- Knowledge of Linux.
We provide flexible schedules as well as the benefit of working remotely. We are looking for someone to start as early as possible. Please submit your CV in English. Apply now, we are looking forward to meet you!