Amsterdam - Remote Full time
For our client, a Monaco based company that provides internet connection to super-yachts, we are looking for a Sales Engineer based in Amsterdam. The position is WFH, and it requires 30% of travel.
- Answer to sales requests, understanding the needs of the prospect and providing solutions based on the needs of every individual customer
- Reach out to our database of potential clients, growing awareness of the improvements our product would make
- Schedule appointments clustered by location (e.g., Cannes, Antibes and Monaco ports) and flying in for 1-2 days of sales meetings, checking in with boats docked nearby
- Building relationships with superyacht shipyards and targeting new builds
- Doing installations for the sales closed when required to establish an in-person connection with the customer, and checking for potential additional value-added opportunities we can offer
- Manage post-sale support to secure customer satisfaction and produce sales by referral
- Stay active on social media addressing relevant posts and creating product awareness
- Work with the marketing department to drive relevant marketing content addressing common questions asked during the sales process
- Business development at trade shows, conferences, and industry events
- Show initiative and manage various workshops, create events in superyacht-specific locations to educate the market about our technology and build in-person relationships
- At least 5 years of experience selling high-end equipment/technology with a proven track record of closing and verifiable references
- Enough technical background to understand/learn the product and service
- Availability and willingness to travel frequently to various superyacht destinations
- Excellent English – written and verbal
Would be a plus:
- Experience in the field of telecommunications
- Experience with boating
Working with high-end clients with small batches of production allows us to stay up-to-date with the very latest developments implemented by cellular operators. So the job will definitely never get boring as you will be working on ongoing innovation.
The routers are built for operation onboard yachts (30-150 meters) and accommodate specifics related to the special conditions such customers have:
- changing distance to cellular towers and extending coverage offshore
- connection aggregation (that requires an onshore server counterpart)
- load balancing of multiple uplinks
- roaming network selection automated and manually
- continuous surveillance of the cellular connections
This position requires strong English skills. As an employee you will have autonomy in daily tasks, but also impact and ownership over the product.
Apply for Remote Sales Engineer position and please submit your CV in English. We will get back to you shortly & we look forward to meeting you!