Full time Remote
As a DevOps, you’ll work with other world-class engineers on our data platform and APIs that process and deliver biomedical information to scientists and operations personnel at biotech and pharmaceutical companies Join a NY-based software company remotely.
The product is used by the biopharma industry to analyze sensitive genomic data collected from patients on oncology clinical trials.
- Ensuring availability, performance, security and scalability of AWS production systems
- Establish, manage the creation, release, logging, monitoring, metrics and configuration of production systems
- Help optimize release cycles by building continuous deployment and continuous integration pipelines
- Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation and technical diagramming of interconnected systems and networks
- Handle incidents, troubleshooting systems, performing root cause analysis of outages, and resolve problems across various application domains and platforms
- Define, automate, adhere and validate disaster recovery, data manipulation, compliance, security controls, risk treatment and change management policies.
- At least 5 years of industry experience, especially in a leading role
- Deep and extensive knowledge of building and maintaining AWS infrastructure; strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Automation experience using orchestration tools (such as AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Terraform, or similar)
- Experience with Git version control, containerized environments (such as Docker, AWS Fargate, ECS), and serverless (AWS Lambda)
- A solid foundation of networking, security, scripting and Linux administration.
- Great knowledge of defining and building CI/CD processes
- Good self-management skills, ability to track and prioritize competing tasks
- Familiarity with secure development and application security best practices
- Experience with Elasticsearch is desired
- Preferable: Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field