Full time Remote / Belgrade / Novi Sad
The SVP of Engineering will manage a 100+ person technical organization with oversight of Architecture, Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Cloud Cost Control. The SVP will ensure our products are developed with a high degree of quality and seek to optimize the organization’s processes and procedures to enhance overall productivity levels.
The SVP of Engineering will report to the Chief Technology Officer, working to help the company become more profitable, produce high-quality goods and services and meet its production goals.
- Leads the engineering and architecture implementation plans for new products and features, as well as the enhancement of existing products and features.
- Works cross-functionally with multiple internal partners to ensure alignment on future engineering direction and timelines.
- Leads a large and highly technical team of Full-time employees, leaders and contractors.
- Partners with Product and Technology teams to implement roadmaps and scorecards for aligned planning, tracking, analyzing and reporting.
- Responsible for capital and operational budgets.
- Ensure design standards and technical documentation are maintained.
- Ensure high technical competence of the engineering and architecture is maintained and developed.
- Ability to anticipate problems and devise creative solutions.
- Track and monitor project risks, issues, and incidents.
- Proactively provide recommendations and corrective actions to the executive leadership team on project prioritization, timelines, budget, resourcing, and risk/issue resolution.
- Foster strong relationships and work collaboratively with Business, Scientific and Ops leadership.
- Builds strategies to ensure operational effectiveness of the team, including establishing overall direction, needed future capabilities to support execution.
- Strengthen and provide leadership to the talent base within the engineering organization, creating opportunities for growth and development of the engineering team.
- Ensure test capabilities are aligned to program and product needs and ensure cost-effective and schedule effective utilization of assets.
- Continuously seek opportunities to optimize/reduce our cloud-based costs
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience running a large Engineering organization at the VP level or above.
- Minimum 10 years of technical management experience in the Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable experience leading positive change within an Engineering organization.
- Experience working within global organizations.
- Experience working collaboratively with people across multiple sites/time zones.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communications skills, teamwork skills.
- Strong command of the English language (read, write, speak, understand). Ability to speak Serbian a major plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud technologies. Familiarity with various cloud offerings and their applicability. Knowledge of multi-cloud concepts.
- A seasoned leader with a proven track record of building a collaborative and highly engaged culture with leaders and teams, significant experience in assessing talent needs, and managing performance with a high sense of accountability.
- Experience with design and architecture of large distributed systems.
- Familiarity with various technology stacks: especially Java, Python, Go.
- Familiarity with front-end technologies: especially Angular.
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts, tooling and deployment strategies.
- Ability to translate Business value into actionable tactical plans.
- Ability to analyze, define and track key metrics and implement organizational and operational changes efficiently.
- Strong analytical skills, decision-making abilities.
- Strong people, leadership and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong financial acumen and budgeting skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to address business-critical issues proactively.
- Strong influencing skills to drive win-win outcomes inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals and provide constructive feedback as required.
- Knowledge of biosciences is highly desirable.