Linux System Administrator/DevOps
Podgorica, Montenegro Full time
Are you a Linux System Administrator or a DevOps engineer looking for a new opportunity to join a team that embraces the DevOps culture and move towards continuous delivery?
- As part of the Infrastructure and DevOps team, provide system support for business-critical applications. Work on establishing new and improving existing solutions and best practices for running cloud-based deployments.
- Administration of non-cloud/legacy systems; involvement in migration to the cloud.
- Design, automation and maintenance of the release pipeline.
- Provide key applications operational support, assist with troubleshooting system-level issues and assist with designing and developing solutions to prevent future issues.
- Continuous improvement of monitoring, scalability, reliability and availability.
- Assist development teams in planning and delivering of software releases.
- Do pre- and post-release communication to all stakeholders, build tools for deployments and automate the release pipeline.
- Maintain documentation of operational details and procedures.
- At least 5 years of experience as a System Engineer.
- Fluency in English, which is the official language of Forex Club.
- In-depth knowledge of Unix systems (Linux or FreeBSD). Solid knowledge of and administration experience with modern web technologies (Web and application servers, load balancers etc).
- Experience with some cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, …).
- Extensive experience with script/automation languages, like Unix-shell, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Python, Perl.
- Experience in using monitoring/alarming tools, like Zabbix, Nagios, Prometheus etc.
- Experience in design and building highly available and scalable solutions.
- Desirably, experience with of some of the following:
Web-servers: Nginx, Apache
DevOps tools: Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, Docker Registry
Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
Data Analysis and Visualisation: ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana
Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle, Cassandra, Redis
Messaging: ActiveMQ, ServiceMix, Kafka
- Understanding of application & network security principles, IDS/IPS systems.
● Inception period (appx 6 months) Podgorica, Montenegro. Can split the time 50-50
between Podgorica and Belgrade, Serbia
● Later, choice of Podgorica or Belgrade. Occasional (1 week/quarter) visit to another