Full time Remote
Our client is an international technology company that develops and maintains industry-leading PDF software frameworks. They’re currently seeking a UI/UX designer to join their design team. For this role, you’ll primarily be designing user experiences and interfaces for their PDF SDK that will be used by hundreds of companies to help hundreds of millions of users work with documents.
What you’ll do
- Design user experiences and interfaces for PDF SDK that developers can use or customize when building document workflows or applications. This will include contributing to all design stages — research; creating personas; use cases; user journeys; creating wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes; design specifications; and working closely with developers in the implementation phase.
- Conduct primary research by interviewing internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and industry experts.
- Conduct secondary research and collect information from different sources that will help you build better user experiences.
- Give and receive feedback on design iterations.
- Document your research and deliverables.
- Communicate your design and specifications to engineers building them.
- Help evolve the vision for design, and improve and maintain the existing product style guides and design system.
- Liaison with marketing, sales, and engineering teams to identify, align, and prioritize UI/UX improvement opportunities.
- Continually strive to understand our target marketing (developers) and share your insights with the team.
- Be a manager of one.
- 3+ years experience as a UI/UX designer.
- Proven track record of high-quality user experiences, digital interfaces, and style guides/design systems.
- Excellent knowledge and passion for visual and interaction design.
- Ability to collaborate, regularly iterate, and validate your ideas with team members.
- A strong focus on users and solving their needs with an investigative and inquisitive mindset, i.e. a love of (user) research, usability testing, finding and interviewing sources, and learning about new topics.
- Ability to thrive in an autonomous environment and communicate asynchronously (we’re a fully remote company).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in business-fluent English (written and spoken).
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation (up to 5 weeks), plus an additional allowance for conferences
- A family-friendly work environment and parental leave
- Passionate and thriving work culture with focus on learning and self-improvement
- International travel for company retreats
- A remote-first focus and flexible working hours
- Ownership of work and tasks
- Working on solutions that help businesses work smarter and faster, saving time and expenses along the way, and effectively replacing the need for paper processes
Nice to have Qualifications (not Required):
What we also consider
- Experience designing developer tools or having a strong willingness to learn about document processing technology.
- Experience with leading and managing projects.
- Advanced knowledge of layout, grid, typography, and motion.
- Bachelor’s degree in design.