Go with the Flo
Florence powers clinical advancements by building the best operations workflow software for clinical research sites.
NodeJS, Angular, MongoDB, Docker, AWS
Building a product that’s this significant wouldn’t be achievable if there weren’t for the company’s culture and values every team member lives and works by. The awareness of the impact the product should have on the medical industry and analyses combined with humbleness is the Florence team’s way. Join a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using cutting-edge technologies and methodologies. The current stack includes Angular 4, hapi.js, typescript, Node.js and MongoDB. The system is running with AWS.
Atlanta, USA 600 Peachtree St. NE
Belgrade, Serbia 14 Nusiceva St.
Benefits and Perks
Stepping up the medical research
Florence gathered knowledgeable programmers from Belgrade around a noble cause in 2017, and the progress they've made together is tremendous. At Florence, we're accelerating cures by bringing technologists and industry experts together. We're not just adding layers on top of a broken system, we're fundamentally re-thinking it. Join us and empower access to the most important research data in the world.
Florence is hiring
We seek talented Scrum Masters to build the future for clinical trials by contributing new products in the eBinder™ platform.
- Serve and support the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to deliver amazing product.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Remove impediments and coach teams to remove impediments by themselves.
- Guide and coach the scrum team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers. Enable and support self-organization.
- Help teams to get the work done by facilitating discussion and decision making.
- Assessing the scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and sharing information with the appropriate stake holders.
- Organization and facilitation of ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, project planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming, sprint planning and release planning.
- Be a key influencer for the adoption of agile delivery within Scrum Teams. Establishing solid working relationships with each team to plan for and manage cross team dependencies and risks.
- Establishing metrics for Scrum team process Reporting and proposing improvements on team process based on gathered data Leading implementation of process improvements
- 3 years experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in using Jira Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and contribute to on-going organizational improvements. Ability to multitask and context switch between low level detail and the ‘bigger picture’.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Experience being on multiple scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
- Technical skills are nice to have, but not necessarily required.
At Florence, we’re passionate about making it easy for our customers to contribute to research and find cures. As a Sr Product Manager/Owner, you fill a critical position responsible for developing our world-class solution for managing regulatory documents for clinical trials. You will work closely with Customers, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams to construct product roadmaps and define detailed product specifications. To be successful you must be a creative problem solver with keen attention to detail, and craft detailed designs and effectively communicate with the Engineering, QA and UX peers. The successful candidate will collaborate efficiently and effectively with the current Product Management team. They will take the prioritized release plan from and provide direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and help create requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Be the voice of the customer and work collaboratively with product development teams to design and deliver product capabilities that meet customer/market requirements
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, UI/UX and Product Management peers to deliver high-quality, intuitive features
- Author high-quality design specifications within an Agile Methodology based on industry and customer requirements
- Lead the product release plans through Sprint cycles and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Evangelize products and become the subject matter expert for internal stakeholders
- Work with Marketing and the Customer Experience Teams to ensure new product features and benefits are clearly communicated to customers
- Educate Customer Experience and Sales Teams on the products through documentation and training sessions
- Prioritize Sprint backlog, and plan and run Sprints and releases
- 3+ years in software product management, Life Sciences software consulting, or comparable role
- Has experience working in Healthcare or IT industry
- Skilled, experienced, and certified in using Agile/Scrum or similar methodologies
- Experience writing detailed user stories and managing a story backlog
- Experience interacting with Customers, Development, and Customer Experience Teams, both local and remote
- Understanding of design quality standards
- Technical skills to translate business requirements into terms that developers can understand
- Ability to understand and communicate architectural requirements, preferences, and limitations
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and formal presentation
- Good time-management skills to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
We’ll Be Extra Excited If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in the fast-paced organization performing as a Senior Product Manager/Owner role in the software as a service solution
- B.S. degree in Business, Computer Science or a related technical field strongly preferred. MBA would be a huge plus
- Healthcare information technology experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework is a plus
- Experience with federal regulatory requirements, including 21 CFR Part 11 and HIPAA regulations is a HUGE plus
Florence advances clinical trials through software for managing documents and data flow between research sites and sponsors. This role is in charge to write, design, build, test and deploy automated repetitive effective tests to streamline testing process, the goal for this goal is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code, by this optimizing the testing, that if it was done manually, would consume a large percentage of test resources.
- Designing documentation for automated processes.
- Writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites.
- Create/build an automation testing framework (functional, API, mobile) from scratch and conduct training for other QAs.
- Actively adding new features to the automated test suites.
- At least 2 years in writing Automation tests
- Solid knowledge in Java, TestNG, Appium, Maven, Rest Assured
- Working in agile environments
- Analytical, problem-solving skills
- Familiar with integrating automation tests with some of the CI systems like Semaphore, Travis, Github, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
- Familiar with AWS Device farm is an advantage
- Performance and load testing in Jmeter is an advantage
- Automation Tools: Selenium, TestNG, GitHub.
- Defect tracking tools: Jira, Trello, Bugzilla, Mantis, Asana.
- CI Tools: Jenkins, Ansible.
Software Engineer / Customer Success
Florence is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Customer Success team as we continue to grow our customer base and expand our relationships, products and value for each. We strive to be considered a highly strategic partner and this role ensure we achieve that goal post-implementation.
- Hands-on customer-facing support to reproduce, manage and confirm product/data defects
- Gather technical information as needed to prescribe resolution steps for expected vs. actual outcomes
- Develop tools and techniques to debug complex API integration issues
- Create technical documentation to serve as a knowledge base for handling support issues and recurring data engineering tasks
- Ensure customer inquiries are responded to within established timeframes and support service levels are achieved
- Collaborate and communicate with internal engineering teams to measure, optimize and enhance our existing platform integrations, products, and processes
- Collaborate with Customer Manager to drive continuous improvements
- An intermediate or higher level of coding experience in Nodejs/Angular is required for this role.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems while also being a master of simplicity
- Ability to diagnose issues in source code and strong working knowledge of MongoDB in order to assist in issue resolution and prioritization
- Strong collaboration capabilities – this role is customer facing and you will routinely work with multiple internal and external teams to solve technical issues
- Growth mindset – you grow with new products, new technologies, new customers, new relationships, and are comfortable with frequent context switches
- Proven ability to discover root problems by asking great questions and develop creative solutions to create value for our customers
- Bias to take action using all resources available to help our customers create a world-class delivery experience
- Fluency in English
Technologies We Use
- Our application stack runs entirely on Docker – frontend and backend
- Our infrastructure is on AWS
- MongoDB is our database of choice
- Collaboration tools include JIRA & Confluence, Zendesk
5.000+ Clinical Research Sites are obtaining their results with the help of the Florence Healthcare platform.
Florence’s team main product is eBinders™ - which integrates all of clinical trial systems, automates regulatory processes, and more.
The culture is centered on values of sharing, helping out and being humble.