Full time Serbia
Our client, a rapidly growing company that empowers the food & beverage industry to enhance food safety & quality performance is looking for a CTO.
- Oversee, grow, mentor, and manage a team of 15+ engineers and developers (3 team leads as direct report)
- Provide the team with a technology stack to build the product and guide the overall technical vision.
- Work closely to monitor successes and areas of opportunity, listen for ideas, advocate for innovative ideas, and find paths for implementation.
- Set the technical direction for the product development in collaboration with our Product Development Team, create and execute a strategic plan, identify the exact resources necessary to put the plan into action, and oversee the entire process from start to finish.
- Lead the research, development, and implementation of cutting–edge technologies and solutions, such as machine learning, natural language processing, and data analytics.
- Continuously monitor market trends and competitor activity to stay ahead of the curve, understand the industry landscape, and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Provide regular reports and updates on technology progress, pipeline, and performance metrics to the senior leadership team, board of directors, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the technology budget and ensure that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently and that the company’s technology investments are aligned with its strategic plans.
- With our QEHS/CSR Coordinator, ensure that data privacy, security, and compliance requirements are met, and that the company’s technology infrastructure and systems are secure and compliant.
- Oversee the company’s hardware and server infrastructure and manage which internal technologies are adopted and implemented.
You have 15+ years of experience in technology development and management in SaaS enterprise solutions and platforms, including 7+ yrs of experience leading globally distributed tech departments, at start–up tech companies with a rapid growth track record, Series A through C.
From a technical point of view, you have:
- A strong background in data science with a deep understanding of data intelligence technologies and solutions, such as machine learning, natural language processing, and data analytics.
- Experience with Azure, SQL, Angular, .NET, microservices, IoT and Integration technology
- A deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, object–oriented design, test–driven development, automated testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and project management tools, and a solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC).
This is a leadership role that requires a strategic thinker with excellent technical and business acumen and that has a customer–centric mindset.
- You will be reporting directly to their CEO.
- The team under your responsibility is composed of Team Leaders as well as front–end, back–end, QA engineers, but also contractors.
- The TECH team is mostly based in Serbia, we recruited our first developer in France in 2022.
- The position is open in full remote, ideally from Belgrade as most of your team members are based in Belgrade.
- 25 vacation days per year
- Company insurance (death, invalidity & accidents).