Full time Novi Sad, Serbia
Wonder Dynamics is looking for an Senior Security / System Administrator. You will protect critical information, systems and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, and provide training to new IT members. You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership and responsibility of the company’s IT department.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, networks and peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.)
- Planning, procurement, installation and service of hardware and software platforms according to the needs of the company.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are solved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated hardware when necessary
- Data protection, privacy, authorized access, registration of harmful activities of users, as well as unwanted burglary of information systems;
- Firewall and antivirus
- Development of information infrastructure and technical support to employees
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, cyber security, or a related field.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
- Preference for certified courses (security, cybersecurity, system administrator, network administrator)
- 3+ years Unix / Linux Systems Administration experience (Ubuntu preferred)
- Knowledge of networks (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, VPN) and network file sharing protocols (NFS v3/v4, SMB)
- Knowledge of computer systems and networking software, hardware, applications and networking protocols
- Good knowledge of network-attached storage systems and data backup/recovery
- Good communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with team members
- Intermediate knowledge of the English language, both written and verbal