According to the studies, an astonishing number of 6.64 billion smartphones are being used at this very moment. And by 2025, this figure will reach a crazy number of 7.33 billion across the globe. So, there’s no doubt here – hiring processes will have to be adjusted to this hot trend. And building an effective mobile-first recruitment strategy will be a must.
Need another research to persuade you? Well, nearly 90% of job seekers use their phones to search, scroll, and apply. Now, if most of the talents rely on these devices, the formula’s clear – your company has to recruit and hire accordingly. So get ready for an efficient guide on how to set up a strategy that will drive results.
Get ready for the basic guide: How do you create a good recruitment strategy?
The ever-advancing world of technologies and a continually shifting talent market require fresh tactics and improved approaches. So, if you want to set up or upgrade your recruiting strategy, these are the key steps to take:
- Review all existing methods and tactics tied to hiring and recruiting new team members and focus on the key details that will enable you to move forward and optimize your approaches,
- Research the market, keep an eye on the best practices and templates, and take a sneak peek at how your competitors are attracting top industry professionals,
- Use various tools that suit your precise needs and work your way toward more advanced hiring processes that involve AI & gamification,
- Make sure to understand your candidates, learn what they truly want and need, and do your best to offer those key points (from smooth & transparent job descriptions and simplified hiring process to benefits that attract top performers),
- Define (or redefine) your brand, become more visible to your target audience, and find new ways to engage them.
As a final touch to an amazing recruitment strategy, you should make a few extra efforts to boost the onboarding process. According to research, one-third of approximately 1,000 people surveyed left their company after only six months. So, make sure to think about excellent employee experience before you even hire a new teammate.
5 recruitment strategies that grant the best results
Studies show that more than 70% of talents are passive. That means that most aren’t really looking for a new job. However, a massive percentage is, in fact, willing to hear about job opportunities, which does sound encouraging to fellow recruiters. So, knowing these stats, how do you attract top talent to your company?
The answer to this question will become clear once we answer this one first: What are the five recruitment strategies or methods? Well, here’s what you need to know (and do):
- Assessing every role and creating a template of an ideal hire for each new opening; Know your actual hiring needs and create a persona that will have the common traits and invaluable sets of skills needed to get the job done efficiently and effortlessly.
- Offering a seamless candidate experience and promoting a positive impression of a company; Be honest, transparent, and objective. Make sure to form a bond and grant valuable feedback to both successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Reducing hidden bias in hiring and going for a more diverse workplace; Review your job posts and rewrite them if necessary to make them more inclusive and unbiased. Rely on the data and use multiple tools that will help you get rid of unconscious bias. Stop hiring mini-mes and counting on your gut feeling to recruit the best match.
- Using a variety of recruiting metrics and analyzing the results regularly; Find the gaps and learn to overcome them. Know your strengths and ensure to boost them continuously.
- Making a mobile-first recruitment strategy and speeding up the hiring process; Research your competitors and assess their proven tactics. Explore new approaches and monitor the outcomes. Get ready to build an efficient mobile-first marketing strategy that will impact your brand and reputation in the long run.
Now, know that having a refined and superbly effective strategy takes time. So be sure to understand all of these key elements and dedicate your time to enhancing every stage and aspect of the hiring process thoroughly.
Learn why a mobile-first strategy is the ultimate recruitment tactic
Keeping up with the latest tendencies and trends that match your candidates’ needs and preferences is vital to attracting the right crew and driving superb results. And getting to know more about the massive perks of an effective mobile-first recruitment strategy is an excellent place to start. Once you find out what the advantages of this tactic are, you’ll be happy to make any extra effort to develop and promote this approach.
Casting a wider net
Hiring Gen Z and Millennial candidates is barely doable without paying extra attention to mobile-first strategies and approaches. These groups and their smartphones are like hand in glove. So, to tap into their fields of interest, you must hit the market through social media and content optimized for your candidates’ phones. Writing a proper job description is the basic step to take. But then, a recruiter has to tiptoe through a wide range of channels that your target crew will visit. By popping up in their feed, you’ll get more qualified applicants and also boost your brand and reputation.
Getting improved results & more fitting candidates
Once you create a mobile-first recruitment strategy that matches your actual needs and pleases your target audience, positive outcomes will follow. So first, you will undoubtedly get more qualified applicants. Also, they will be better informed. Ultimately, you’ll get to speed up the hiring process and save a whole lot of money too.
How does it work? First of all, getting valuable info about the job and filling out the application form will be easier for every candidate. And that will boost their positive experience, allow them to get a quick answer to all job-related questions, and upload resumes smoothly. Aside from simplifying the application process, you can also streamline the interviews. For instance, video calls and screenings via mobile devices are a fantastic way to catch up with candidates and learn more about their skills, background, and aspirations. But before reaching this stage, you can also schedule interviews without sending back-and-forth emails and getting caught in a loop. Plus, it gets a lot easier to notify all participants of the hiring process about the updates.
So, the bottom line is that a mobile-first strategy enables better communication and coordination between recruiters and candidates and leads toward a simple, neat, and pleasant process.
Step by step guide on how to build a successful mobile-first recruitment strategy
There are many ways to refine a mobile-first strategy and attract more qualified candidates. However, these three steps are the building blocks you absolutely need to keep in mind. So be sure to start on the right foot, and everything else will become smooth sailing. Your journey begins with assessing the market and your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
Start by doing meticulous research & analyze the competition
According to Statista, attracting and hiring tech talent will be challenging throughout the entire 2022. Their research shows that Full-Stack developers, Back-End engineers, and DevOps engineers make it to the very top of the list of most in-demand talents. So, brace yourself and canvass the whole market thoroughly before having to recruit for any of those “hard-to-fill” roles. Still, other positions won’t be a picnic either. The job market is tight and fierce, and it’s up to you to learn all you can about its trends and cracks.
You should warm up by discovering your competition’s main hiring channels. Compare those channels to the ones you use and analyze whether similar sources drive optimal results for you. Then, perform a more though-and-through assessment of your tools, approaches, and recruiting tricks. Once you get a perfectly clear idea of what gets the job done for your team, start preparing a successful mobile-first recruitment strategy.
Build a fresh and fail-proof hiring strategy
The valuable insights you’ve got from a thorough analysis of your hiring practices, combined with a close check of competitors, should help you establish a good hiring strategy. You just have to use that information to set up a plan of action that will allow you to get more qualified candidates for each new job opening.
Here are a few more tested tips that will guide you through hiring tactic refinement:
- Use various tools that will help you stay posted throughout every stage of the hiring process. Also, consider using technologies that will enable you to automate basically every step and schedule emails, interviews, and more. Collaborative and sourcing tools will also keep you informed, swift, and productive.
- Know your true needs and make them clear. Keep your job postings precise, objective, and engaging. List the must-haves, and ensure that your potential candidates can easily distinguish them from nice-to-haves. Finally, be careful how you formulate your posts. Write inclusive job ads to get more applications and better reviews.
- Build a powerful strategy for your brand and turn candidates into ambassadors. Begin with crafting the employee value proposition. Then, ensure that all of your content matches the aims you have set. Update it regularly and mix things up to grab the attention of a wider audience.
So, if you want to create a strong and effective mobile-first recruitment strategy, keep these three steps and elements in mind. You won’t get very far without a straightforward agenda and carefully planned actions.
Never fail to watch and evaluate the results
Coming up with fresh ideas and state-of-the-art approaches is the best part of creating a new recruiting strategy. Letting your creative persona loose is lots of fun. But it means nothing if you don’t solidify the whole plan with some data. So get ready to make a baseline for assessing the success of your mobile-first recruitment strategy. You can set an overarching goal like increasing the number of qualified resumes by 50% in the next trimester. Then, go for more specific goals and expectations. For instance, name an ideal score you’re hoping to achieve through LinkedIn alone. Or, make an action plan and name the optimal outcome for a brand-new channel where you’ll start promoting your vacancies. Luckily, there are countless ways to track your success and get suggestions to boost it. You just need to explore those options.
Follow our guide & build an effective mobile-first recruitment strategy
This simple guide is the perfect starting point for you. It will get you through the initial steps toward building an efficient mobile-first recruitment strategy. So make sure to follow it and keep those three crucial ingredients in mind – research, improvement, and evaluation. Start by getting to know your competition and find the gaps in their tactics you can easily fill and get outstanding results. Upgrade your hiring process and keep aiming for simplicity and innovation. And finally, monitor your data and assess the outcomes.
Need any help? Speak to a trustworthy recruitment agency that can help you plan and continuously refine your strategies.